Other Water Bodies

Raven


Raven is sometimes referred to as a lake, but it is a natural wetland that is approximately six acres in size. The DNR protected waters map refers to this wetland as 369W and under the City of Lakeville's Wetland Management Plan this waterbody is listed as OL-50. Raven is a wetland that is listed as a "Preserve" wetland. Preserve wetlands are determined to have the highest functions for vegetative diversity and wildlife habitat and require the highest protection during development. Raven Pond is part of the Black Dog Watershed. Regional flood elevation: 1,100.2

Horseshoe


Horseshoe is sometimes referred to as a lake, but it is a natural wetland that is approximately 12 acres. The DNR protected waters map refers to this wetland as 32P. Nearly 70% of Horseshoe is in Lakeville and the remaining 30% is in Burnsville. The outlet of the pond flows north into Burnsville, and is part of the Black Dog Watershed. OHWL: 990.0

Goose


Goose is sometimes referred to as a lake, but it is a natural wetland that is nearly 16.25 acres. The DNR protected waters map refers to this wetland as 362W and 363W. Under the City of Lakeville's Wetland Management Plan, this water body is listed as OL-65. Goose is a wetland that is listed as a "Preserve" wetland. Preserve wetlands are determined to have the highest functions for vegetative diversity and wildlife habitat and require the highest protection during development. Goose is part of the Black Dog Watershed. Regional flood elevation: 1,083.8

North Creek


North Creek is a tributary to the Vermillion River. It has two main branches. The west branch is a perennial stream fed by groundwater discharge during dry weather and the north branch has intermittent flow. The creek is part of the North Creek Subwatershed District as defined in the City of Lakeville's Stormwater Management Plan. It is part of a 12,194 acre watershed where 46% of the watershed is located in Lakeville, 45% lies within the city of Apple Valley, 5% lies within the city of Burnsville, and nearly 4% in Empire Township. North Creek is in the Vermillion River Watershed.

Middle Creek


Middle Creek is a tributary to the Vermillion River. This creek is part of the Farmington Outlet Subwatershed District as defined in the City of Lakeville's Stormwater Management Plan. It is part of a 3,410 acre watershed that mainly lies in agricultural lands. Middle Creek is in the Vermillion River Watershed.

Crystal Lake


Crystal Lake is a 292 acre lake located mainly in the City of Burnsville. Nearly 12 acres of the lake lies south of Lakeville's northern border, so only 4% of the lake is part of Lakeville. Crystal Lake is monitored throughout the year by CAMP sampling.

East


East is sometimes referred to as a lake, but it is a wetland that is approximately 40 acres. The DNR protected waters map refers to this wetland as 349W. Under the City of Lakeville's Wetland Management Plan, this waterbody is listed as NC-26. East is a wetland that is listed as a "Manage 1" wetland. Manage 1 wetlands are determined to have high functions for vegetative diversity and wildlife habitat with some functions for water quality protection and flood attenuation. The goal of the City is to maintain existing functions and values throughout development. East is in the Vermillion River Watershed. Click on the links below to see historical aerial photos.